5/2/11

YUMMY YUMS!

Those of you that know me, know that I am OBSESSED with Chili's chips and salsa!
Delishious-ness of life! I would eat it all day every day if these dang kankers would get out of my way...

Anyway, Ive been looking for a recipe even close to the amazingness for YEARS! I even ask every Chili's that I go into for their recipe...
They wont give it to me... RUDE!

I found this recipe on my favorite blog - I heart Naptime- its not quite Chili's but its still delicious!

To paint you a picture... Ive made 3 batches in the last week... I know I have a problem! Its just so easy and way cheaper than buying actually premade salsa these days..

Here you go...



 
Ingredients

1 can (28 Ounce) Whole Tomatoes With Juice

2 cans (10 Ounce) Rotel (diced Tomatoes And Green Chilies) Original or Mild

¼ cups Chopped Onion

1 clove Garlic, Minced

¼ teaspoons Sugar

¼ teaspoons Salt

½ cups Cilantro (more To Taste!)

½ whole Lime Juice

 
Preparation Instructions

Combine whole tomatoes, Rotel, onion, jalapeno, garlic, sugar, salt, cumin, lime juice, and cilantro in a blender or food processor. Pulse until you get the salsa to the consistency you’d like—I do about 10 to 15 pulses. Then stick it in the fridge {or freezer for 30 mins if you are inpatient like me}for at least an hour...
Enjoy!
 
I left out the jalapenos and cumin that the original recipe called for.
My Mexicans thought it was too spicy, but I think its perfect! If you want less spice {mind you, once its refridgerated for an hour or 2 the spices blend and it gets more kick} add 1 can diced tomatoes instead of 2 cans of rotel

No comments:

Post a Comment


Labels