5/21/11

Recipe Heaven

If you remember from last year when I tried... a couple of times... to make banana bread... epic fail!

I keep wanting to try again, but every time I do... its disgusting! You can ask anyone, Im not being dramatic!

Anyhew, my friend Aimee posted this recipe on her blog
I decided to try one last time because the recipe looked so simple, how could I mess it up?

Brother in Law walks into the kitchen... and this is how the conversation goes:

Him- "what are you making?"
Me- "Banana Bread"
Him- "not again! are you sure?"
Me- "Well I got this recipe from my friend Aimee..."
Him- "oh, ok its gonna be good then, not like last time?"

Rude... Suprisingly it did go well! So well infact that I am going to share the recipe with you...
Delicious, and moist and amazing! It didn't even last a day cause we gobbled it right up!!



Aimee's Banana Bread:
my changes in blue

1 1/4 C roughly chopped walnuts (not walnuts, chopped. big difference)

2 C flour

3/4 C sugar

3/4 t baking soda

1/4 t salt

3 ripe bananas, mashed well

2 eggs, lightly beaten

1/4 C plain yogurt (I used stawberry banana and it was AMAZING!)
6 T melted butter, cooled

1 t vanilla



*heat oven to 350.

*spread chopped walnuts on a rimmed baking sheet and bake in oven for 5-10 minutes. once they start to brown and you can smell em, they're done. let cool.-
I didnt use nuts cause I didnt have any and Im too lazy to go to the store

*while the walnuts are roasting, melt the butter. put in the fridge to cool.

*wisk flour, sugar, baking soda, salt and walnuts in a large bowl.

*with a wooden spoon or spatula, mix bananas, eggs, yogurt, cooled butter and vanilla.

*gently add the wet to the dry and mix until just combined.

*butter and flour your pan(s). the recipe calls for a 9 in loaf pan, but i've also used 3 minis just fine. i used a pastry brush to get all the left over goodness from the butter bowl to grease my pans.

*bake at 350 for 55-60 mins. i find this bread to be very moist so i turn the temperature down just a bit (330 ish?) about 40 mins through so the tops don't brown too much.

*let rest in the pan for five minutes then turn onto cooling racks. (i was greedy once and didn't let it rest. suddenly i had 2 loves. top half in my hands, bottom half in the pan. not cool.)


MAKE IT NOW! The best banana bread I've ever had! Thanks Aimee!

No comments:

Post a Comment


Labels