For another fun meal I made some homemade Chicken Pot Pie.
Another Mom recipe... but it's super simple (are you noticing a pattern with my cooking?) and SOO yummy!
Here's how to do it:
1. Uncooked Pie Crust
(next to the refrigerated roll section in the grocery)
2. 2 Cans of Cream of Potato
3. 1/2 bag of frozen peas and carrots
4. 1/2 milk
5. 2 Chicken breasts cooked and shredded
(I seasoned mine with Mrs. Dash and Italian seasoning)
Preheat oven to 425 degrees
1. Place the bottom pie crust in a 9x9 glass dish that is lightly floured.
2. In a separate bowl, mix together all the ingredients- it doesnt matter what order they go in
3. Pour the mixture into the pie crust
4. Place the top pie crust over the mixture
5. Cut away any remaining dough and pinch the edges all the way around to seal it with the bottom crust
6. Put a couple of slashes in the top of the crust
(I embellished mine a little with the left over crust dough)
7. Place in oven for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown
(check the bottom to make sure its cooked all the way, thats the reason I suggest using a glass dish)
Add a salad and enjoy!
P.S. Richard thinks its weird to each Pot Pie with ketchup... do you?