8/17/11

Trust Me...

What's up with Blogger right now? Buggin

SOOOOOO... its been a while since I posted a recipe. Let's be honest and say it's been a while since I tried a new recipe. Its too hard to cook during the summer when I'm hot.

BUT, I came across this recipe for Bajio Chicken on my new favorite food blog (Chef in Training) and it looked DELISH! I love love love Bajio!

BUT, since I am super lazy I changed it up a bit cause I was NOT tryin to stop at the store on the way home from work, so I just adjusted it to what I had... AND I found the recipe while I was at work and wanted to eat it for dinner {its suppposed to be a crock pot thing} so I changed that a little too

 It was SOOOO good! Even the boys in my house said they LOVED it... SCORE!
Trust me, you'll want to try it! AND its healthy... yummy!

BAJIO CHICKEN SALAD
{this is my version, click here for the actual recipe}

5 Chicken Breasts
1 can Rotel
1/4 cup onions finely chopped
1 Tbsp Cumin
1/2 cup Brown sugar
6 oz. Sprite
dash of Cilantro
dash of garlic powder
1 can black beans
1 can corn
shredded cheese
Whatever salad stuff you want
Salad dressing and/or sour cream
Tortillas if you want


{Remember, you can just dump all this stuff in a crock pot and cook it for 4 hours}

I put the whole chicken breasts in a pan with a little oil.
Mix all the ingredients together {minus the veggies}and dump that on top.
Cover and cook over medium heat until chicken is cooked thru
Shred up the chiken using a fork and add half the can of beans


I let that simmer {covered} for about 20 minutes cause I wanted the chicken to soak up the flavors since I didnt use a crock pot.

While that is cooking, get your salad ready with whatever veggies you put in your salad.
I had lettuce, cucumbers, tomatoes {fresh from my Tito plant!} and avacado.
I warmed up a tortilla and put it on the bottom of my bowl {thats what they do at Bajio}
Then put the salad on top
Spoon your chicken mixture on, add corn and more beans
Top with cheese, sour cream and dressing {I choose ranch}



AMAZING! I love it... I think Im going to make the crock pot version and just keep the chicken in the fridge for when I want to make a chicken burrito or sandwich, or another salad... it tastes great cold too!

Try it and let me know what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment


Labels