3/23/11

Yup.,.. Delish

I haven't posted a recipe in a while.
To be quite honest, I am proud of myself... I spent a good two hours creating a whole months menu, wrote out the entire grocery list, and did the shopping!

Hello! Amazing... and it really does save time and money. If you know what you are cooking that week you can share ingredients and prepare things ahead of time... a lot less veggies go bad thats for sure.
You will have to get the fresh foods throughout the month... and be sure to tell the boys{aka ginormous garbage disposals} what they cannot eat so that you will have everything you need.

Anyway, I tried this new recipe this week. It was AMAZE! Im not quite sure why it was so good, and I wish I remembered which blog I got it off of cause they deserve the credit... The boys loved it, I loved it, and I'm sure Kobe would have loved it if we would have let him have any!

Without further a-do... here is the

MEXICAN CHICKEN CASSEROLE

1 lb Chicken (you can use breast or pieces)
1 tsp cumin
2 oz. Neufendale cheese
1 1/2 cups salsa
1 can black beans drained
1 green pepper chopped
1 tomato chopped
shredded Cheddar cheese
2 whole wheat flour tortillas
(for the non healthy version use regular cream cheese and white flour tortillas)

  • Pre heat oven to 375
  • Cook your chicken in a pan with a little olive oil and the sprinkle of cumin
  • Shred up the cooked chicken with a fork (or chop it, whatever you want)
  • Drop in the green peppers, cook for 2 minutes
  • Drop in the salsa and cream cheese, cook 2 minutes or until smooth and creamy
  • Add beans and tomato- mix together
  • Put 1/3 of the mixture on the bottom of a 9x9 pan
  • Top with cheese and tortilla
  • Add another layer of mix, cheese, and tortilla
  • Top with remaining mix
  • Cook about 20 minutes- adding shredded cheese the last 5 mintues
  • Add a side of mexican rice and salad... YUMMY!
This recipe feeds about 4- I wish I would have doubled it cause the boys gobbled that stuff up and Im sure its good reheated for leftovers the next day! Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment


Labels