12/23/10

December Cranky Pants

Still along with my idea of only complaining once a month.. here is Decembers rant...

I work at Target, I chose to work at Target during the busiest time of year.. mostly because Im crazy...

Those of you that are shoppers probably already know that there is an etiquitte that should be in place when you shop. Im bout to let out some ranting about those of you who are not aware of that etiquitte...

DONT PUT SOMETHING IN YOUR CART IF YOU'RE NOT GOING TO BUY IT!
I hate when people come to the line and spend 5 mintues deciding what in their basket the want to buy. Then they just throw all their crap into the candy and I HAVE TO PUT THAT AWAY!

KNOW HOW MUCH YOU'RE SPENDING!
I hate telling people their total and they make me go through every item they bought and tell them how much it was. When you're shopping usually you look at the prices before you get to the check out lane.. dont get mad at me when your total is too high, you did the shopping!

GET OFF YOUR PHONE!
Its not a pleasant job to listen to others conversations. It's rude to be on the phone and totally ignore the cashier. Sometimes we need to talk to you and I dont want to wait for a million years for you to pay me because youre not paying attention.

DONT GET IN LINE IF YOU'RE NOT READY TO CHECK OUT!
Especially during the holidays. If you put something on the belt, Im going to ring it up and put it in a bag. I hate when Im done checking you out and you have to leave and run to grab something else. Its rude to me and to the 4 people in line behind you. AND NO... you cannot stand there and wait for your friend to come back... get in line AFTER they are there.

DONT GO SHOPPING IF YOU HAVE NO MONEY!
People get mad at me when their card gets declined. That crap is between you and your bank. I dont know how much money you have and I am not inside the card machines brain. All I do is stand there and push the button. A lady came through my line with $900 worth of stuff. I rang it all up and bagged in, and then she found out that she had no money in the bank and just walked away from her two cart loads of stuff...
I WILL FIND HER AND SLASH HER TIRES!

BE RESPECTFUL!
I hate when people cut, or bump into people, or just leave their carts in the middle of the isle. There are no magic faries that are going to come clean up after you. If you are choosing to shop the week of Christmas, then you should expect it to be crazy and not complain when the lines are long and their are no parking spaces. Thats not my fault... so dont tell me about it
The cashiers job is not hard, but its exhausting. Be nice!

I HATE WORKING in retail... and gratefully this is my last week.
Mark my words, I will NEVER work in retail again!

No comments:

Post a Comment


Labels